Friday, April 1, 2011

Journal #13

Favorite Things.

There are a lot of things that we consider to be very important inventions, but these are the 10 that I use everyday religiously. Take a closer look:

An ipod does not just play music anymore. It also plays games, accesses the internet, plays movies and take photos. I listen to my ipod everyday. It is like my alternative phone; always right next to me and charges every night. When walking I pick a song and just jam. Music can easily change my mood.

A picture frame allows you to share special memories you captured with others. My room is covered in photos; each photo representing some memorable moment. I always said if I could not speak, photos would be the words of my life. Photos mean the world to me. Its like the saying goes; memories fade but pictures last forever.

A laptop allows you to communicate with others and access any information you need from the internet. I am on my laptop several hours a day; whether it is to complete some homework for this class, write emails, visit websites, find information, etc. It is just another electronic gadget that makes life a whole lot easier.

A straightener allows you to style your hair to impress others. As a girl, this heating device is very important in my getting ready process. How would I ever get that sleek straight look without this flat iron? You can also create a curl look. The options are limitless in how you style your hair, but this tool is the factor that makes it happen.

A cleaner does exactly what it is called; clean. We humans get very dirty going about our day, so it is very important to practice good hygiene. Without shampoo or conditioner, your hair would look lifeless, greasy, and dull. Without body wash you will start to smell and offend people. Plus who doesn’t love that clean out of the shower feeling?

Transportation allows you to commute from one place to another. I commute through my car mostly. Commuting allows me to go to the store, take trips, visit loved ones, go off roading for entertainment, etc. We could not possibly see the places we do without a form of transportation to get us from point a to point b.

Shoes prohibit us from being in pain when walking around on rough or harmful surfaces. Without shoes my feet would burn on hot pavement. Without shoes my feet would get frost bite when snow was on the ground. Without shoes my feet would get cut up when walking on jagged rocks or tough grass.

A debit card allows you to carry around all of your money without having it in actual money form. I use my debit cards to purchase my everyday needs and just materials I would like to own. Shopping is always fun for a girl, so these pieces of plastic are extremely important. They grant us access to own concrete items.
A key can do two things; luck and unlock something. I use my keys to get into my house, car, safe, etc. It is also another method to keep someone or something out of a certain space that you want to remain private or untouched. Without keys everyone would have access to everything making it difficult to have an authoritative figure over something.

A cell phone allows you to do pretty much everything a computer does plus texting and calling someone. Even when typing this, I am texting and talking to some friends. Communication is what build friendships and relationships with other, so it is one of the most important things for me. When a phone breaks it is like your cut off from the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment