Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Journal #17

Music is the rhythm in our hearts

I found it very difficult to find an advertisement to use for this entry. The text in the ad says; It's not what you want to say, It's what you have to say. This is an ad for Zildjian and if not familiar with the music world, one may be lost at what this ad is for. Zildjian is a brand of cymbals/hi hats for drummers. Since I felt the need to explain what the brand was, I would assume that this ad is not effective. The text I feel depicts how a musician feels when writing and performing music. This text is like the thought in the drummers head at this point. Overall I think this ad may be difficult to understand. The text could of referenced the brand just a little more. This critique is from a perspective of most of the population not being too familia with Zildjian. I am a musician so this ad makes sense to me, but I could see room for improvement in what the text read.

No comments:

Post a Comment